Chemically inert, fluoropolymer coatings are not susceptible to Van der Waals force and this lends to their signature properties.
They are non-stick and don’t like water wetting the surface. This means the conformal coating is hydrophobic (water repellent).
Owing to the fluorine bonds, fluoropolymers demonstrate a high level of durability as well as resistance to acids, bases and most solvents.
Why are fluoropolymer coatings used in protecting electronic circuit boards?
Fluoropolymer coatings have very specialised properties.
They can include:
- Being highly hydrophobic (water repellent)
- Having a high moisture barrier
- Being extremely thin so don’t require masking
- Having a high chemical resistance
- Having high dielectric properties
- Providing high corrosion resistance
- Providing good abrasion / wear resistance
All these properties are excellent for protecting circuit boards.
Find out how we can help you with protecting your circuit board with different conformal coating processes now.
SCH India can provide conformal coating materials, equipment, services, training and consultation for all areas of the process.
Contact us now to discuss what we can offer you.
Give us a call at (+91) 40 65 897 899 or email your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.