Conformal coating thickness test systems in India
Using a non destructive measurement system like the Positector 6000 from SCH to measure the conformal coating thickness is extremely quick and accurate to ±1 um at thin films of 25-50 um.
The Positector 6000 is a rugged, fully electronic coating thickness gauge.
It uses magnetic and eddy current principles to measure conformal coating thickness on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, accurately and quickly.
How the Positector 6000 Works
Using a gauge and flying probe for the measurement the system is extremely easy to use.
- Place the test probe head flat on the surface of the conformal coating. The measurement is almost instantaneous.
- This provides an immediate repeatable result for thickness measurement of conformal coating.
- Test coupons are the ideal method for measuring the coating thickness, whether is it spraying or dipping, and can be kept as a physical record of the performance.
- Apply the coating to the test coupons at the same time as the circuit boards provides a permanent measurement and an accurate guide to the coating thickness.
Conformal Coating Thickness System Specifications
Simple to use
- Ready to measure—no calibration adjustment required for most application
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included (Long Form)
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Gauge body universally accepts all Positector 6000 (coating thickness) probes
- Multiple Calibration adjustment options including 1 point, 2 point, known thickness, average zero
- Selectable display languages
- Hi Contrast backlit display for bright or dark environments
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Statistics mode continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of readings while measuring
- Hi Lo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- FAST mode – faster measurement speed for quick inspection
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included
- Software updates via web keep your gage current
- Screen Capture -record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and reviewPosiSoft solutions for viewing, analysing & reporting data:
- PosiSoft USB Drive -stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- PosiSoft.net account – a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiSoft 3.0 – desktop software (PC/Mac) for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data. Available as a free download.
- PosiSoft Mobile -(Advanced models only) – access readings, graphs, capture photos and update notations through WiFi enabled devices such as tablets, smart phones and computers
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped.
Conformal Coating Thickness Probes Available
The Positector 6000 consists of a Gauge body and a Probe. A wide selection of interchangeable probes are available.
All Gauge bodies accept all probes.
For conformal coating the recommended probes are as follows:
- NS non-ferrous regular separate 16mm diameter probe
- NS non-ferrous 0° microprobe 5mm diameter probe
Contact SCH for further details on the Positest Conformal Coating Thickness Measurement system.
Conformal Coating Thickness Measurement Methods
The measurement of the conformal coating thickness on a printed circuit board (PCB) to ensure internal and international standards are met is now a critical factor in conformal coating process control.
There are several methods for measurement of conformal coating thickness and they fall into two categories. These categories are wet film measurements applied during coating application and dry film measurements made after the coating is dried enough not to damage the coating.
An alternative method to dry film measurement which is completed after application and drying of the conformal coating is the wet film technique which allows operators to ensure quality control while the coating is still wet.
Applying too much coating can be expensive. Also wet film measurements are useful for conformal coatings where the dry film thickness can only be measured destructively or over application of conformal coating could be problematic.
The wet film gauges are applied to the wet conformal coating and the teeth indicate the thickness of the conformal coating. The dry film thickness can then be calculated from the measurement based upon the solid resin content of the conformal coating.
Links for Further Information
- Positector 6000 Conformal Coating Thickness System
- CT100 Metronelec Ionic Contamination Test System
- Solvent Exposure Monitoring of Conformal Coatings
- Dyne Pens for Conformal Coating Surface Energy
If you’re planning to purchase a piece of equipment from SCH please check for the exact details of the system and dimensions if critical. The dimensions shown in all brochures are subject to change between publication dates.
We’d like to hear from you!
Give us a call at (+91) 40 65 897 899 or email your inquiries at email@example.com.
Require a specific conformal coating system or piece of equipment?
Then take a look at the range of products below to help you find what you need.